RITMA, Rhode Island Marine Trades Organization
In an ever-changing news landscape, RIMTA hopes to provide a sounding board for its members. For more information on any of the below, or if you have an unanswered question you’d like to ask please contact A Member of the RIMTA Team.
1) The Office of Health Insurance Commissioner Answers FAQs.
In an effort to protect and inform it’s consumers, the OHIC offers a site dedicated to answering frequently asked questions pertaining to health insurance coverage and Covid-19. Access HERE for providers and HERE for consumers.
2) CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program Calculator
GrowthLab Financial has created a Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) calculator to help business owners determine “forgivable” vs “unforgivable” portions of that loan. Access the calculator HERE. For more information on the PPP in general, see item #6 below.
3) Relevant Webinars to Navigate the Coming Weeks
Below you will find links to upcoming webinars you might find helpful. Please be sure to check RIMTA’s Covid-19 webpage as we will continuously update our list.
- Monday, April 6, 2020 @ 8:30am: Hosted by Hilb Group: “Cares Act 2020 & The Payroll Protection Program – Learn How to Access Your Share of the $2.2 Trillion”
4) Helpful Links
In additional to RIMTA’s Covid-19 Resource Page, we find the below sources especially helpful in digesting our ever changing business climate.
- SBA Small Disaster Loans – if your business is in need of financial assistance right now, you might qualify for a low-interest federal disaster loan provided by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Click HERE to apply
- DLT Programs – Click HERE for updates on disability insurance, unemployment insurance, paid sick leave and other programs available to both employers and employees.
- Commerce RI – Click HERE for a wealth of information from Commerce RI including business guidelines and technical support.
- RI Department of Health – Click HERE for the latest health related protocols and directives as well as the latest Executive Orders related to COVID-19.
5) Take A Moment to Enjoy…
American Magic sent out a content release today regarding the new generation of talent helping to propel the efforts to design, build, sail and support the U.S. Challenger toward the Cup. Click HERE for an inspiring short video telling the story.
Important News from Yesterday’s Email
- Call for Personal Protective Equipment –Though RIMTA is aware of at least 2,500 N95 masks that have been donated by our members, the need for PPE gear is still of the highest priority and the state continues to look to the private sector for help. The list of needed supplies is located on the attached link but includes N95 masks, goggles, gloves and Tyvek suits. Note that supplies can be donated or presented for sale. https://rigov.wufoo.com/forms/covid-19-medical-supply-donations/
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) – The Small Business Administration just released the application and information necessary to apply for the PPP forgivable loan for small businesses through the CARES Act.