What to Know Before Visiting a Wisconsin State Park
With over 6 million acres of public land to explore, there’s something here for everyone.
Here’s what you need to know before you head out to find your adventure at one of over 100 Wisconsin state park system properties:
- An annual park admission sticker is required for entry. Purchase before you go online or by phone at 1-888-305-0398 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Passes cannot be purchased at our properties at this time.
- Annual trail passes are required when bicycling, in-line skating, roller-skiing, or horseback riding on certain trails. Purchase your annual pass by phone at 1-888-305-0398 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
- Camping reservations are required before setting up camp and are accepted by phone (1-888-947-2757) and online only. When you arrive for your reservation, check-in is automatic. Head directly to your reserved site. Be sure to have either a paper or electronic copy of your reservation available.
- Due to high demand, many properties will likely reach their pre-determined capacity limits. When this happens, properties will close until existing visitors leave, and capacity is reduced. Use this tool to help find a new hidden gem to explore.
- Restrooms are open. All other facilities remain closed, including towers, shelters, playgrounds, nature centers, headquarters and contact stations.
READ MORE at dnr.wi.gov