Free fishing days are a perfect opportunity for beginners to try out fishing for the first time.
Please note that the individual states may place certain restrictions and other regulations may apply, so be sure to contact your state fish and wildlife agency for specific state regulations.
2022 Remaining Free Fishing Days by State
- Alabama: June 11
- Alaska: Youth anglers 15 and under and anglers 61 and older fish for free year-round.
- California: July 2 and September 3
- Connecticut: CT offers 2 free fishing license days Sunday June 19 and Saturday Aug 6 (must get the free one day license)
- Florida: June 11-12th (freshwater); September 3rd and November 26 (saltwater)
- Hawaii: 365 days a year (Marine)
- Lousiana: July 11-12
- Maryland: June 11; July 4
- Massachusetts: June 18-19 (Saltwater)
- Mississippi: July 4
- New Jersey: October 22
- New York: June 25-26, September 24; November 11, 2022
- Oregon: November 25-26
- South Carolina: July 4