Barnstable Harbor, MA Weather, Tides, Events, and Local Information
Barnstable Harbor is a natural harbor located in Barnstable, Massachusetts, about halfway along the “bicep” of the Cape Cod “arm”. It is sheltered by Sandy Neck to the north and the city of Barnstable to the south. The inner harbor is mostly dredged, while the outer harbor is natural.
Sandy Neck Beach Park is a popular summertime destination offering a public beach, off road vehicle access, camping, hiking and horseback riding.
Mass Audubon protects two areas of marshland surrounding the harbor, Barnstable Great Marsh Wildlife Sanctuary and Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary, and offers kayaking trips, which are a great way to explore the barrier beach and salt marsh ecosystems.
Helpful Resources for Barnstable Harbor, MA
- Sandy Neck Beach Park – Beach, Camping, and Off Road Vehicle Information
- Mass.gov Saltwater Fishing Public Access – includes interactive public boat launch map
- Cape Cod Beach Sticker Information
- Harbormaster – Town of Barnstable
- Marinas near Barnstable Harbor, MA