How to Fish: Fishing Tips for Beginners
You may have recently discovered just how much fun freshwater fishing can be, or maybe some recent saltwater fishing excitement has got you hooked on the sport, but no matter how and where you fish there are some basic fishing tips for beginners that all anglers need to know.
Are you ready to catch more fish while you’re casting, enjoy trolling triumph, and have a blast while bottom fishing? Of course you are—and keeping these 10 top tips in mind will help make it happen.
10 Tips on How to Fish for Beginners
- Match your lure to the water color.
- Choose your lure shapes and sizes that let you “match the hatch.”
- Get fishing gear that appropriately size to the fish you’re pursuing.
- If you are trolling, make sure your lures are swimming in a lifelike manner.
- Choose your fishing line wisely.
- Fish early, and fish late.
- Be conscious of the tides and currents.
- Always use new hooks and/or sharpen your old hooks.
- Use a scale to set your reel’s drag.
- Do your pre-fishing research
1. Fishing Lure Colors
Match your lure color to the water color. You never know exactly what color lures the fish will prefer on any given day so you should always try changing color when you’re not catching, but as a general rule of thumb, start out by choosing lures that match the water’s color.
In green water, lime or chartreuse is usually a top pick.
In clear water, reach for white or pearl.
And in tannic-stained water, root-beer is often going to prove productive.
Read more at www.discoverboating.com