Conimicut Lighthouse

Location: Conimicut Shoal, entrance to Providence River, Narragansett Bay

Nearest towns: Warwick and Barrington, Rhode Island

The lighthouse is not open to the public. It can be seen from Conimicut Point Park in Warwick and from the area near Nayatt Point in Barrington, but is best seen by boat.

» Station established: 1868; Present lighthouse built: 1883; Automated: 1963
» Height of tower: 58 feet; Height of focal plane: 55 feet
» Original optic: Fourth order Fresnel (1868); Present optic: 250 mm
» Characteristic: Flashing white every 2.5 seconds
» Fog signal: Two blasts every 30 seconds
» Active U.S. Coast Guard aid to navigation
» Owned by:City of Warwick