Massachusetts Free Freshwater Fishing Weekend June 6th – 7th, 2020
- Other than Free Fishing Weekend, you need a license to fish in fresh water if you are 15 or older. If you’re 15–17 or 70 and older, your license is free. Funds from fishing license sales support MassWildlife’s fisheries research, fish stocking programs, and angler education programs. Buy your fishing license here.
- All other regulations, including catch limits, apply during Free Fishing Weekend. Before heading out on the water, make sure you know the rules. Review fishing regulations.
- For saltwater anglers, Free Saltwater Fishing Weekend is June 20–21.
If you’re eager to get outside, fishing is a great way to relax and get some fresh air! Spending time outdoors can improve your physical and mental health during this difficult time. Fishing remains open across Massachusetts and anglers are reminded to take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others and wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid congregating in parking areas, on boat ramps, or along the shore.
- Find a fishing spot close to home. Avoid crowded areas and have a back-up plan if your usual spot is crowded.
- Don’t share a boat unless it is large enough to allow for social distancing.
READ MORE at mass.gov