Boating, Fishing, and Travel Information for Marblehead, MA
Marblehead Harbor is one of the most beautiful natural harbors in the world. Located about 9 nautical miles north of Boston Harbor, it is an attractive destination as well as stopping off point for those going to or returning from Maine.
Marblehead is situated on the North Shore of Massachusetts along Massachusetts Bay and Salem Harbor. The town consists of a rocky peninsula that extends into the bay, with an additional neck to the east connected by a long sandbar. This ring of land defines Marblehead’s deep, sheltered harbor. Marblehead Neck is home to a bird sanctuary, as well as Castle Rock and Chandler Hovey Park at its northern tip, where Marblehead Light is located. The town was once home to two forts, Fort Miller at Naugus Head along Salem Harbor, and Fort Sewall, at the west edge of the mouth of Marblehead Harbor. The town land also includes several small islands in Massachusetts Bay and Dolliber Cove, the area between Peaches Point and Fort Sewall. The town is partially divided from Salem by the Forest River, and is also home to several small ponds. Keeping with the town’s location, there are four beaches (one in Dolliber Cove, one in Marblehead Harbor, and two along the southern shore of town), as well as six yacht clubs, one public kayaking center and several boat ramps.
Things To Do for Marblehead, MA
- Devereaux Beach, Marblehead, MA – Of all Marblehead’s beautiful beaches, Devereaux Beach is the most popular. Over five acres of sand, with lifeguards on duty from the beginning of summer vacation through Labor Day. Also, picnic areas, public restrooms, and a concession stand. Check the town’s website for parking fees.
- SUP and Kayaking – The waters around Marblehead are excellent for paddlesports, and there are many rental places in the area. See the list of businesses here.
Helpful Resources for Marblehead, MA
- Mass.gov Saltwater Fishing Public Access – includes interactive public boat launch map
- Marblehead Harbormaster Website – Moorings & Anchorings, Reservations, and more…
- Marinas near Marblehead, MA
Searching For Something Nearby? See AllAdd Your Business See All Businesses
Local Goods & Services See All Nearby
Fishing in Marblehead, MA Map View
Photos of Marblehead, MA Add A Photo
Coastal News Updates See All
Maine Imaging is a photography company specializing in high resolution aerial photography. We have serviced… More
At Onboard Interiors we think that every project we complete is special, but it’s nice… More
Award-winning marine interior designer Krisha Plauche of Onboard Interiors, LLC, has opened a showroom office… More
C.W. Hood Yachts is proud to announce that we won the Spirit of Tradition under… More
The restored 1929 Fife 8m Quest, which was restored recently at French & Webb, is… More
We always love having C.W. Hood projects at the dock together, and when they're both… More
Even as we're completing interior projects on some of the most gorgeous yachts in New… More
I spotted Hugh Bishop of Marblehead recently, rowing out to his lobster boat moored in… More